Email Alias allows you to customize your Texas State email address to make it more personal or professional. For example, instead of firstname.lastname@example.org you can change it to email@example.com. Locate the Email Alias option in the Online Toolkit.
- Available to: Faculty, Staff, Students
- Where to use: Online
- Cost: Free
More About Email Aliases
- Messages addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org will be delivered to your assigned mail account and messages sent from your assigned mail address through will have your Email Alias substituted in the From: field of the message.
- Once you have selected an Email Alias, it cannot be modified. You are allowed one opportunity every 6 months to select a replacement Email Alias. If you select a replacement Email Alias your old Email Alias will be disabled. Mail sent to the old Email Alias will be forwarded to your assigned mail account for 90 days.
- An Email Alias can be from 6 to 20 characters long. It must:
- Start with an alphabetic character.
- End with an alphabetic character.
- Contain only letters and optionally: underscores (_) and periods (.).
- Must be lowercase (will be lowered automatically for all new aliases).
- Do not include "@txstate.edu" in the alias.