Office of the Vice President
Provide the university community with effective, reliable, and secure technology services, backed by excellent customer service, to support the university's academic, research, and administrative goals.
The Division of Information Technology is committed to offering useful, reliable, and often leading-edge technology services supporting Texas State University’s mission and goals.
As important as the investments in technology projects have been, at our core, the IT Division remains a service organization grounded in the philosophy we should use our skills and expertise to serve others.
Our commitment to customer service is reflected in the new IT Assistance Center service centers on the first floor of the Albert B. Alkek Library in San Marcos, and the third floor of the Avery Building on the Round Rock Campus.
In addition to our customer service core, we are also committed to continually innovating to improve our outcomes. Some examples of our innovations in the past few years are:
- Moved the university learning management to a modern Canvas system.
- Offered new and improved remote connectivity services such as Zoom and Teams, including Teams-based soft phones.
- Built a modern TXST Mobile app to serve students, faculty, and staff on the go.
- Moved many of our technology services to the cloud, offering significantly more storage space and reliability. Among those is Microsoft 365, which serves as the heart of productivity for the university with long-standing tools like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and new, exciting technologies like Teams, Stream, and Power Automate. Microsoft also hosts the university’s BobcatMail system through Outlook.
- Created a Technology Innovation Office, focusing on researching and applying innovative technology solutions to academic and administrative processes.
- Upgraded the technology in dozens of classrooms, including adding cameras to make distance learning a live experience.
Looking ahead, our challenge lies in continuing to implement solutions and innovations that keep Texas State a leader in higher education.